Sunday 2 January 2011

What's the plan?





Hi

How's it goin?

What's the plan for when you finish college?

That is a question. Obviously, that's why it has a question mark at the end of it. That's what that little squiggly thing with the dot means, and if you don't know that then you're a fucking moron. 
The above question however, is not just any question. It's a question I have been asked a lot lately, and the truth of it is I don't have an answer.

I am planning on applying to uni in Aberdeen and Edinburgh.

There is a course in Edinburgh which is designed for people in my position, who have just finshed an HND in TV. This particular course doesn't even have a first or second year. Anyone who joins automatically goes into the third year of a degree. I am also applying for a course in Aberdeen, but this course is apparently not very hands on, and very theory based, and as anyone who knows me well enough will tell you, I am a bit of an idiot. I am also unsure as to what year I would get entry to in Aberdeen, but apparently I am eligible for funding.

Which is nice.

However, lately I have been weighing up my options.

Is it worth while going to school for another two years?

Can I really be arsed moving back to Edinburgh?

Should I simply try and get a job after I get my HND?

This has been on my mind for a while now and with my HND only 6 months from completion I am somewhat lost. I am tempted by the Uni option, but if I'm honest with myself, I'm not good enough to go to uni. As I said before, I am a bit of an idiot. But at least I know I'm an idiot, a lot of people out there are blissfully unaware of their own stupidity.

Fucking Morons!

I have the option of looking for a job after I get my HND but I am highly doubtful I will find a decent job with only an HND behind me. I have heard stories of previous graduates from the institution of further education which I attend, going on to great things. However I believe these are the exception and not the rule. For every person who leaves and gets a dream job, 15 people are unemployed, or working in a shop.

Maybe it is time to simply accept my fate. Stop pissing about and just get a boring job.

But what would that job be?

To be honest I am qualified for very little.

I could go back to the restaurant world, but I don't think I could handle it anymore. I hate the public. I hate having the same repetitive fake conversation over and over. I don't really care if they enjoyed the meal or not. When someone tells me to say thank the chef, I always say I'll pass it on, I never do. When someone complains and I apologise for whatever went wrong, I don't really care. 

I used to. 

I used to take everything I did at work so personally, maybe that's when I was semi good at my job. But then I got sick of it. I think it was living in New York that changed me. The people there beat the good humour out of me. (Not literally, I wasn't actually beaten.) On guy actually did threaten to beat me up once, purely because his burger was underdone. I charged him for it because he informed me it was underdone after he had eaten it. He then threatened me.
Over a burger?
WTF?
(That means What The Fuck!)

So come June I honestly do not know where I will be or what I will be doing, all I do know is that school will be done, and maybe, so will I.


I've just re-read that last sentence, it sounds like I'm gonna kill myself or something. Don't worry, I'm not. I just mean done with further education.

I have little to no chance of getting a job in Aberdeen with my HND, and I'm not even sure if I want a job in this industry anymore.
The TV industry is on it's arse, and it's not expected to get any better any sooner. And since I'm being overwhelmingly honest, I'm not that talented.


So what's the plan for when I'm finished college?

I have no fucking idea!

So stop fucking asking!

Fucking hell that blog post was a bit of a downer eh?

Here's a funny video to make up for it.

And it's about ducks! 


And everyone knows how much I love Ducks!

If you can't see the video above thens top reading this crap on facebook and CLICK HERE


That's All For Now

Until Next Time

Have A Nice

Andy G


P.S. Did you see the image I put at the top of this blog post?


This one:


I found it doing a google image search, I searched for the phrase "Whats the plan?"
Do you know what was number 23 in the results for searching for that phrase?


This:

WTF?


If you want to get all the crap I write delivered straight to your inbox then go to http://www.theblogofandyg.com and put your email address in the wee box that says "subscribe."


If you do subscribe then when I do figure out my plan for the rest of my life you will be the very very first person I tell in the whole wide world! Honest.*


* WARNING THAT STATEMENT MAY NOT BE HONEST.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails