Friday 21 January 2011

The 10:03 News with Holden MaGroin

Hi

How's it goin? 
Regular readers will know that for the past several weeks we've been having great fun playing in the studio with the multi camera set up. 
Now the fun is over and it's time for assessments.
Our multi-cam assessment is fairly simple, we need to write and direct something which can be shot in the studio using more than one camera and control everything form the gallery. The hard part is all the preparation that is required. A mountain of paperwork is needed.
Almost everyone in the class has opted to do a chat show, with a couple of people including a music video incorporated into the chat show.


Struan, striving to be different, opted to do The Film and Music Quiz, and did a great job. Here he is holding one of the star prizes. A picture of the now defunct pop group, Steps.

His was far more interesting than mine.
Speaking of mine, here it is.
I opted to do a News Broadcast.
The 10:03 News.
The title comes from our course leaders favourite saying.
Anytime someone is ever late from class he will automatically say,

"What time does the Ten o'clock news start?"

If the ten o'clock news starts at ten, you are there before ten. Not five past ten, not ten past ten, you are ready to go at ten!

So I made the 10:03 news, so you can have an extra couple of minutes in bed.

You're welcome world.

I was being assessed on this and I am fairly confident I passed. You are given 90 minutes to do everything. Set up the studio, lighting, set up mic's, rehearse, record and breakdown the studio again.

I did it in 45 minutes.


This is mainly because I am awesome! 


Also mine was relatively easy. I only used two cameras as opposed to three. I had three VT's (video clips) in mine which were shot before hand and inserted in during the "broadcast" but this was fairly easy. 

Mine is by no means a masterpiece, a couple of the shots are wrong, and the mic is not switched on for a second when the presenter is talking after coming back from a clip. This irritated me highly as the rehearsal was better than the recording. 


But never mind.


It's still a decent little program, 


Due to recent events, I have deleted the paragraph that used to be here. I would like to state that all of my classmates are very talented individuals, I would never belittle them in a public manner, such as this blog.


All of my classmates are doing a multi-cam assessment, some programmes are more entertaining and easier to film than others. This is just the way the world is. 


On a totally separate note, my classmate Scott recently posted this on facebook.

I have no idea what this comment was in reference to.

(WARNING: THE PREVIOUS SENTENCE MAY HAVE BEEN A LIE, AND I MAY IN FACT KNOW EXACTLY WHAT THE COMMENT WAS IN REFERENCE TO, IT MAY NOT HAVE BEEN ON A TOTALLY SEPARATE NOTE. WOW THIS IS A REALLY LONG WARNING EH?)


Anyway here's my effort, hope you enjoy it. If you do then please leave a comment and let me know what you think. If you don't then FUCK YOU!


If you can't see the video above, you really are missing out on some quality shit. How can you live with yourself? Quickly CLICK HERE! 
Before it's too late!!

The whole program was written and directed by me. With the exception of the VT's, (The clips of the principal and the weatherman) which were improvised by the two very talented guys that played them. And admittedly I did steal the joke about the bible from Red Dwarf. But at the end of the day I passed (I hope) and that's all that matters.


That's All For Now 

Until Next Time

Have A Nice

Andy G

If you want to get all the crap I write delivered straight to your inbox then go to www.TheBlogOfAndyG.com and put your email address in the wee box that says "subscribe."
If you do not subscribe I will come to your house and shit in your cereal.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails