Saturday 4 December 2010

Mad Libs: Close Dancing Is Cool......Again.



Hi

How's it goin?

Have you ever heard of Mad Libs?

Neither had I. Well not really. I had heard the name mentioned on American TV shows, but I never knew what it was. I was watching an episode of Friends the other day, and someone said "Mad Libs." I was curious to finally discover the truths about Mad Libs. So I did what any sensible human being does, I googled it.

Turns out it's a word game, and as with almost everything else in life, there's an app for that. I immediately downloaded it.

Here are the instructions.


Alrighty, did everyone get that?
If not, you're an idiot, go back and read it again. And if you still don't get it, go to the highest point of the building you are currently in, and jump off. You are clearly a fucking moron and the world will be a better place without you in it. 

So I was keen to do a Mad Lib, I scrolled through the available stories and found one I liked the sound of.


So then all I needed was some words. The way Mad Libs work, is you need other people who don't know what the story is about to say random words. However I was on my own. There were no other people in the room to shout words at me, so I used the power of the internet. My Auntie Shona was the first to try and help out. Although she said the wrong word. I should point out that clearly my Auntie Shona doesn't know me very well. If she did she most likely would have said stupid, instead of astounding.

I was struggling, I had only put in two words, and had 15 more to go. I text my friend Laura, she works in PR and writes things for a living, surely she must know a good plural noun. This is what she replied with.

Hmmm? 
Gotta wonder what kind of people she is doing PR for?



And then I ran out of people, I had asked everyone who was online at the time, I needed a part of the body and an adjective, and then staring me in the face was Scott Ironside. 

Not literally. 

He wasn't in the room.

That would have been weird. I saw his picture was on facebook. And I needed a part of the body. So I picked BEARD. As he is the beardiest person I know.



Then all I needed was an adjective. 


Just one little adjective and this game would be over and my quest would be complete. I would be a Mid Libber (is that a real thing?). I was desperate for that last adjective, but could find no one online, so I put the one thing that came to mind. 


TIRED.

So there you go, half an hour of annoying people on the internet has resulted in this short story being created.

CLOSE DANCING IS COOL.....AGAIN

The waltz, the merengue, swing, and ballroom drinking are making a comeback with kids of all joneses. A recent study shows an astounding percentage of students in elementary aliens, middle aliens and even high aliens are dropping their Phys Ed ideas in golf, bowling and jockstrap-pong to take up hat dancing. 

Close dancing, in which partners hold each other's shits and put their cats around each others thighs, is considered frantically cool these days. Sociologists predict that within the next 8 years, almost all teen sheep will once again be dancing cheek to beard to the sound of a tired band.


And there it is! A Mad Lib. My first Mad Lib. Now I understand what all these americans have been doing all these years.


Not that impressive was it?


Never mind, kept me amused for half an hour or so by annoying people on the internet.

That's All For Now 

Until Next Time

Have A Nice

Andy G 

If you want to get all the crap I write delivered straight to your inbox then go to www.TheBlogOfAndyG.com and put your email address in the wee box that says "subscribe."
If you do subscribe then next time I write a Mad Lib I'll come to you for a verb.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails