Sunday 3 October 2010

back to school: Year 2 Week 5

Hi 

How's it goin? 

It's been a very busy week in the life of Andy G, not so much at school, but with other stuff.
Last Sunday and Monday I spent moving my stuff into Althea and Ivano's house. I am now officially a lodger. Which is a bit sad, at 28 I have reached an age where a lot of my friends are buying houses, getting married and having babies.Where as I am selling my stuff on e-bay and moving into my friends spare room cos I can't afford the rent in my flat. On the upside Althea & Ivano are both very good cooks so I shouldn't go hungry.

School was closed on Monday for a local holiday so most of this day was spent unpacking and organising my new room. I do have work to do for my Monday afternoon class, but I can't actually remember what it is. I am sure I'll be able to blag it.

Wednesday was back to school, multi camera in the morning which means another fun filled day of interviews in the studio. At one point Struan was struggling to see properly due to the lights shining in his eyes.
I suggested this.


It seemed to help.

Wednesday afternoon we spent talking with our lecturer about the short film he recently shot in Edinburgh. It sounds really good and I can't wait to see it. We then had another production meeting within our various crews. Ours went quite well. Ian and Scott both had some stuff to show the group and we had a good discussion. Sadly I am a bit behind in the script writing department, a lot of my time has been taken up with moving and general laziness. I am hoping to get my idea's scripted sometime this week.

After our production meetings I annoyed Struan to get his film on You tube. It's very good. Due to technical difficulties this still has not been done. I then just hung about and did very little. I spoke to a few class mates about various projects. At one point I saw cats notebook lying on a table, Her group had just finished a production meeting. This is what I saw in her notebook.



I can only assume that she is making a film about a mushroom mutant man thing and a robot who falls in love. I look forward to that.
I then saw the weirdest film I have ever seen. Ever.
Robert, our german classmate, took part in a film competition in Germany. You were given a concept and 48 hours to make a short film. The concept was reality versus actuality.

If you can't see the video below then stop reading this crap on facebook and CLICK HERE


Friday was back in the studio for more interviews. Everyone needs a turn to direct so this exercise is becoming slightly tedious. It's the same interview situation over and over again. We have now done it about 30 times.  Poor KP couldn't take the pressure anymore so she hid underneath a table in the gallery.


After a couple of rounds of interviews on Friday afternoon we went back to the classroom and our teacher has decided that those of us still do direct the interview situation, (myself included) are going to have a slightly different task. We must come up with a new script, and include some video footage (VT). This script must include several different camera shots and movements. it doesn't sound very complicated. But it is.
So that should keep me amused for an hour or two.


And so another week in the re-education of Andy G is over. A pretty dull blog entry for a pretty dull week. I hope all is cool with you, who ever you are and where ever you may be in the world. 


That's All For Now 


Until Next Time 


Have A Nice 


Andy G


If you want to get all the crap I write delivered straight to your inbox then go to www.TheBlogOfAndyG.com and put your email address in the wee box that says "subscribe."


If you do subscribe, the next wonderful thing to happen in your life was down to me. if you do not subscribe then the next really horrible thing to happen to you was down to me. Your choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails