Monday 20 September 2010

Fundraising

Hi

How's it goin?
Yesterday I received this email from my class mate Sol.


Hi family, friends, lecturers, & fundraisers!  :)


As you may know I have been following my passion as my career for a number of years now. And there has been great progress. I now come to the end of my last year studying film and more so need all of your help.

I ask for your help and valuable donation, which will allow me to buy a Canon 5D camera. With everyones donation I will be able to create far better and many more of my upcoming projects in much less time. Currently all of my work has been done using college equipment. And being in my last year I'm going to need this camera to do what I do best when I finish education. From incredible shorts, music videos, photography, time-lapses and feature films. Really just this one camera can do all of what I need. And only with your help, wether it's a small or large donation there is something in return for every size of donation you make!

So if you enjoy my work, and look forward to seeing newer, far better, and exciting projects to come, you really will appreciate every penny you put into this pot. (examples @ www.brawpictures.com)

To make your donation and for more info on it   -    http://funds.gofundme.com/ns08


Thank you.

Sulaiman Sibai

P.s I decided on not to fire out this email to my whole contact list, instead just the ones who I believe will be able to make a difference! 




Sol is trying to raise money to buy this very fancy new camera, he is opting for the age old technique of begging as opposed to working for it. If you wish to donate to Sol and his very worthy cause then please click on the links above. 

I thought I would try something similar.


Hello Family, friends, lecturers and strangers! 

As you may know I have been following my passion for drinking and eating poorly for a number of years now. And there has been great progress. I now come to the end of my last year studying film and more so need all of your help. Soon my student discount will no longer be valid and I’ll have to pay council tax!
I ask for a hand out from you, mainly because I can’t be arsed working myself. This hand out will allow me to buy beer and pizza. With everyone’s donation I can become a much lazier drunkard and all around slob.  Currently all of my drinking has been done with the benefit of a student loan. And being in my last year I’m going to need this money to do what I do best when I finish my education. (Drink and dance like a moron in some of Aberdeen’s trendier nightspots) Really just this one lump sum of money can do all of what I need. And only with your help, whether it’s a small or large donation there is something in return for every size of donation you can make.
So if you enjoy drinking with me and look forward to some more exciting drunken adventures with yours truly you really will appreciate every penny that you put into this pot.

For Examples of drunken adventures why not point your web browser to www.TheBlogOfAndyG.com

To make your donation please find me in the street and give me money. I don’t have a website for donations as I want to cut out the middle man. As the great Bob Geldof once said, just give me you f*cken money!
Thank you
Andy G

For a £10 donation you will receive the highest of high fives! Surly that is the king of greetings!

For a £20 donation you will receive a high five and a kiss on the lips!
The kiss does not apply if you are
1: A Man
2: Really ugly

For a £40 donation you will receive a signed picture of me, in a pose of your choosing, (clothing optional)

For a £100 donation, I will lick your face! And I will buy you a pint, with your own money!

For a £250 donation I will invite you round to my house for an evening of sweet lovin!
The sweet lovin does not apply if you are
1: A Man
2: Really Ugly

For a £500 donation I will come to your house, dance for you and make you my world famous cottage pie!

For a donation of £1000 I will streak down Union Street Aberdeen at a time of your choosing, and then come back to your house and make my world famous cottage pie. (clothing optional)

Come on, let’s get fundraising!
All of your money is going to be used for this very worthy cause, its not like you were going to spend it  on anything important were you!

Your money will be in my hands!


I sent the above email to everyone that Sol sent his to. It's worth a try.
If you would like to donate money to my very worthy cause then please do. Alternatively you can always buy MY BOOK!  It's got some great reviews so far, and that way I will get £2 and you will get a fantastic book! Everyone's a winner. 

That's All For Now 

Until Next Time 

Have A Nice

Andy G

If you want to get all the crap I write delivered straight to your inbox then go to www.TheBlogOfAndyG.com and put your email address in the wee box that says "subscribe."
If you do subscribe then you should definitely donate! You get all this crap for free! You are welcome!

1 comment:

  1. I'll give you £1000 to streak down Union Street, Isn't that quite a long street? I will also pay your bail money! I will let you know of my chosen time soon! AP

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails