Thursday 26 August 2010

Back To School: Year 2 Induction Day



Hi
Hows it goin? 

Today was my induction day for second year. It was an incredibly dull 90 minutes. It was great to see my classmates again but the filling out of various forms to confirm my address, date of birth, and ethnicity send me to the land of nod.

Our course leader informed us of our various class's for the rest of the year and the various project we will have to undertake.
He also told us all of all the opportunities that are available for the second year students.

I can't help but feel that he might be exaggerating slightly. This time last year he was telling us all how we would get to go to hollywood. As far as I know that never happened. Certainly not for me. I get to go on a work placement this year, which should be fun, and the college is also taking part in something called Placement plus. This is a program designed for students in "media academies" and will involve a three week work placement on a working film set. Approximately 12 places are available across Scotland for this and I am gonna do everything I can to make sure I get one of them. I'm also on the lookout for any other kind of work experience I can get. So if anyone reading this know's of any opportunities then please let me know. 


After my induction I went shopping for some new pens and pencils to make sure I am fully prepared for school on Monday. I am now on the lookout for a pencil case. Anyone know where I can find a cool pencil case? A reward will be offered.

I am quite excited about returning to school. Even though I have nothing prepared I am surprisingly upbeat about my second year. The apathy I once felt towards school has now disappeared. I am really excited to start making new films. Hopefully my next project will be more entertaining than my first. 

I have several ideas for short films which I am hoping to make this year. It will all be over before I know it and that scares the shit out of me. I am unsure as to where I will be when June arrives. I don't think I can go to uni because of funding issues. Plus I'm not very bright. I really don't want to go back to restaurant work full time. Admittedly my hatred of the public has diminished somewhat in recent weeks. I no longer hate all the public, I find the stupidity of the public quite amusing. But I don't think I could face going back to it full time. 
I do quite often joke about getting a job in RS Mccoll. I am starting to fear that this may be a reality. 

Time will tell.

At least I will get to read the magazine for free.
  
Last week I went to see the Axis Of Awesome in Edinburgh
They are (as the name implies) Awesome! 
If you can't see the video below then stop reading this crap on facebook and CLICK HERE.


That's All For Now 

Until Next Time 

Have A Nice 

Andy G 

If you want to get all the crap I write delivered straight to your inbox then go to www.TheBlogOfAndyG.com and put your email address in the wee box that says "subscribe."

If you do subscribe, then you will receive a super secret email within a couple of weeks with a fantastic once in a lifetime special offer.
Intrigued? You should be!

1 comment:

  1. I think Placement Plus is P.A 's new Hollywood mate :)

    Also Non-Negotiable seems to be the new buzz phrase of the MMC.

    My new buzz phrase is I'm going to do what the fuck I want.

    See ya on Monday

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails