Friday 14 May 2010

Friendly Friday: Ian

Hi 
Hows it goin? 
Today i'm gonna talk about Ian. Ian is awesome. And he is the star of one of my favourite ever photographs.




Ian and I met when I first joined the QE2. He left shortly after I joined but we shared many many drunken adventures together. Ian is also the man who got me the job in New York. He had the same job 2 years previously. I only wish he gave me some better warnings regarding what I was letting myself in for.

Ian is quite possibly one of the most organised people on the planet. Which is brilliant when it comes to our trips away. When we went to Dublin he had everything planned down to the minute. However when we started on the guinness that plan kind of went out the window,

He was good enough to put me up in the transition period from moving to Edinburgh back to Aberdeen. I stayed with him for a couple of weeks, altho myself and his other flat mate did not get on at first.

Ian now lives the easy life as a teacher in a catering college in Edinburgh. He gets paid a ridiculous amount of money and has far too much time off.

Ian is getting married in a few weeks. It will be the first of 4 weddings I have this summer and I think this one will def set the bar pretty high.

I'm also going on his stag do in a couple of weeks. I'll be sure to write about that afterwards. Assuming he survives.

A Poem For Ian

My friend Ian works as a teacher,
I hope he likes his friendly friday feature.
We first met on the QE2,
In a couple of weeks we'll be on his stag do.
I hope he makes it back alive,
if not I'll take his job, I'd love a 9-5.
For his honeymoon he's going on a cruise,
at his wedding I'll drink lots of booze.
I'll drink and I'll dance and I'll have a good time, 
I'm very sorry for the quality of this rhyme.


Here's a video from one of Ian's favourite films.


If you can't see the video above then stop reading this crap on facebook and CLICK HERE.

Thats All For Now 

Until Next Time 

Have A Nice 

Andy G 


If you want to get all the crap I write delivered straight to your inbox then go to www.TheBlogOfAndyG.com and put your email address in the wee box that says "subscribe."

If you do not subscribe then your head will explode

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails