Tuesday 15 December 2009

Happy Birthday Lefty

Hi
Hows it goin?

It was Leftys Birthday yesterday.
Who's Lefty I hear you ask?
What do you mean who's Lefty?
Those of you who have been lucky enough to see my first movie "QE2 Reloaded" will know exactly who Lefty is. He's a fucking Legend.

He's one of the founding fathers of The Drinking Team!!!


Lefty & Jonny Torpedo lived across the hall from myself & Adam when we all worked together on the floating caravan that is The QE2. When the drinking team were together the crew bar of the QE2 was a truly magical place. We raised our dollar cans of heineken and let out a loud drunken chant

"Drinking Team, Assemble!"
This was inspired by the movie Anchorman which we watched approximately 375 times while on board and at least another 250 since.
He was the older one, the wiser one, the Greek one!
It was him that taught us all how to speak Greek.

He was the first of us to join the ship, he also had more sex than I had hot dinners.
We used to have a saying
"Lefty doesn't need sex, sex needs Lefty"
And its true!
He was a key member of the drinking team and I'm sad to say I don't see him nearly as often as I should. but in my defence he does live in Greece and I live in Aberdeen.
The last time i saw him was when Adam surprised me by arranging for a full meet up of the drinking team in Aberdeen the weekend before I moved to New York. That was awesome! A truly great weekend from what I can remember.
So lefty my dear drinking buddy A very happy birthday to you.
Hope all is cool in your world.

Here's a vid of you and Jonny Torpedo.

Hope to see you soon.
Drinking team......................

I posted two videos and an audioboo on this blog post, if you can't see them, then stop reading this crap on facebook and click here.

Thats all for now

Until Next Time

Have A Nice

Andy G

If you want to get all the crap I write delivered straight to your inbox then go to www.TheBlogOfAndyG.com and put your email address in the wee box that says "subscribe."
If you do subscribe then I'll eat a big red candle

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails