Tuesday 6 October 2009

Geeky TV Rant (plus alot of amazon adverts)

Hi.
Hows it going?
Hope all is cool with you.
Sadly all is not cool with me. I am ill! I didn’t go into work on Saturday and my condition has just deteriorated since then. I missed class on Monday and the only reason I went into today was because I had a big test. I got very little sleep last night so went my alarm went off at stupid o’clock in the morning I considered not leaving my bed. After about 15 minutes I eventually motivated myself to move. I would go to class, do the test, leave early and find a doctor. And I promised myself I would have a nap later. This test is a big deal so I thought I better have a proper breakfast. It consisted of this.

As all of you know I am a massive geek. I watch more TV shows than anyone I know. Most of these are American comedies or sci fi shows and I thought I'd share my insights into a couple of them now.
I’ve just finished reading Flash Forward By Robert J Sawyer. It’s very good. It’s about a scientific experiment gone wrong. The whole world blacks out for 2 minutes and 17 seconds, but in those 2 minutes and 17 seconds they all see a vision of themselves 21 years in the future. The book is about a group of scientists trying to figure out why this happened. Not everyone liked what they saw so can the future be changed? It’s a pretty good book. I didn’t like some elements of the ending but definitely worth checking out if your heading on a long train journey or holiday or something.
The main reason I was reading it was its just been turned into a new TV show. Its kinda being hyped to be a replacement for LOST which has its final season starting in January. The first two episodes are Brilliant. It has the same situation with the blackout except it shows everyone themselves 6 months in the future as opposed to 21 years. It also focus’s on an FBI task force trying to solve the mystery of the “flashforward” as opposed to the group of scientists in the book. There is also the added mystery of video footage taken during the blackout of one person walking around. The whole world was unconscious but he was not. That’s the cliffhanger for episode one. So I guess I just spoiled the ending there, but that’s just one episode, So far I prefer the TV show to the book. Its on channel 5 in the uk. Watch it! Its ace!

While bored on Twitter the other day I noticed James Buckley posted this (Jay from The Inbetweeners ) posted a link to this.
It seems he will be playing Del Boy in a prequel to Only Fools and Horses
Am I the only one who thinks this is a terrible idea?
I loved Only Fools, infact I remember I once fell off a chair I was laughing so much. (this is actually true, I spilt my cup o tea down my favourite batman t-shirt, it was hot. It hurt! A lot.) But I think towards the end it kind of lost its way, it was too much of a good thing. I think it should have ended when they won all the money and walked off into the rainbow. But it came back for more, I watched the episodes after that, they were alright but not brilliant. This prequel will apparently also be starring Nicholas Lyndhurst as “Freddy the Frog” (Rodneys real Dad). I don’t whether this is a good thing or not. The whole thing just screams “BAD IDEA” to me. I think Only fools should just be left alone, It was brilliant so just let it rest in peace. I hope I am wrong and this prequel show turns out to be even better than its parent, but doubt it.
In some ways its like Red Dwarf. That used to be one of my favourite shows. It was Fucken ace. Then Chris Barrie left in series 7 and Chloe Annet came in as Kochanski. Ask any Red Dwarf Fan and they will tell you that’s when it started to go downhill. I watched the new episodes “Back To Earth" when they were on Dave, I even bought the Box set. But it never blew me away. Sometimes you should just leave things alone. Red Dwarf could have went out on a high but instead it seems to be limping on. I still liked “back to earth” and if anymore Red Dwarf gets made then ill def be watching and probably buying but for a lot of people, if it does come back , its gonna have to be Fucken amazing in order to win them back. Not everyone is as big a geek as I am.
Speaking of all things geeky. It seems Doctor Who will not only have a new Doctor but a new Logo.
I like it, I like the way it kinda looks like the tardis. And yes it is currently the wall paper on my phone.


Fucken hell I am a geek aren’t I?
On that note im gonna go.
I’m currently re watching all of Lost, I've just started season 3.
Time to find out about those pesky others!
Until next time
Have a Nice
Andy G
(no poem today cos I can’t be arsed)
if for some reason you can't see the video's or pics I have posted on this blog post then please visit
This blog was written while listening to Coldplay

I have just started reading I Hope They Serve Beer in Hell
Its fucken hilarious!

This blog post was inspired by

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails